Page 1 of 1

100% CPU usage?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2026 11:05 am
by majorsquirrel
Hey there,

I noticed my battery has been draining quickly lately.

When using the Mac's Activity Monitor, I noticed 100% CPU usage from PT4 and the app was flagged as draining my battery. This happens when using the "Get Hands While Playing" feature: it doesn't use that much CPU in idle.

Has something changed recently? I've updated PT4 to latest version (v4.18.24), is it from the latest version?

Re: 100% CPU usage?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2026 4:55 am
by Flag_Hippo
Thank you. To be notified when an update is available for this issue then please open a Support Ticket. If you want to revert to the previous version in the meantime you can download that from here.

Re: 100% CPU usage?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2026 12:50 pm
by majorsquirrel
Thank you for your quick reply.

I can confirm that, after downgrading to the previous version v4.18.23, the CPU usage is back to normal with low CPU usage when using "Get Hands While Playing" feature.

I've submitted a bug report on your support as requested.

Re: 100% CPU usage?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 11:01 am
by Flag_Hippo
For anyone experiencing this issue an alpha version of PokerTracker 4 is available which should resolve it:

PokerTracker v4.18.24.3797 Alpha - Download (macOS)

Please let us know if you come across any problems. You can continue to use this alpha until the next official update is available.

Re: 100% CPU usage?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 3:48 pm
by majorsquirrel
Hello,

I can confirm that the alpha version above ⬆️ has fixed the issue for me!

Thank you for your quick reaction.

Re: 100% CPU usage?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2026 5:40 am
by Flag_Hippo
Great - thanks for the feedback.