PT4 has rebooted on the MAC

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 has rebooted on the MAC

Postby Sboroblu71 » Mon Mar 10, 2025 2:56 pm

I started PT4 today as normal and it asked me for my license which I found strange. When I submitted it PT4 was like a new install. Everything has gone. All hands and HUDS. I have no idea what to do to restore it. Looking into it It seems I have been a fool in not making regualar backups, however all the hands have written ok. I have all the written hands from the sites I’ve played.

It seems to of written a new database. Where on the MAC would I find the original database?

Is this a known issue and is there a way to revert it?

I hope someone can help and advise

Thanks
Sboroblu71
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:50 am

Re: PT4 has rebooted on the MAC

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:09 am

In PokerTracker 4 select 'Database -> Database Management -> New -> Browse Databases'. Do you see the original database there? It it's there you can add it back to your PokerTracker 4 database list and connect to it again.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17072
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: PT4 has rebooted on the MAC

Postby Sboroblu71 » Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:30 am

Thanks for the reply, No the original has gone. Its like the whole program has totally rebooted, different look etc.. all filters have gone, but the strange thing is the tags I created are still there..

Flag_Hippo wrote:In PokerTracker 4 select 'Database -> Database Management -> New -> Browse Databases'. Do you see the original database there? It it's there you can add it back to your PokerTracker 4 database list and connect to it again.
Sboroblu71
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:50 am

Re: PT4 has rebooted on the MAC

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 11, 2025 1:49 pm

That is strange but if you open a Support Ticket a technician can follow up with you on this issue. In the meantime you can manually import your existing hand histories into the new database using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your files to your 'Processed' folder:

\Users\{Mac Login}\Documents\PokerTracker\Processed

Guide: Processed Files
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17072
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PT4 for macOS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest