Database import slow even after housekeeping

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby noahband » Mon Oct 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Hi All,

I recently moved my windows DB onto my Macbook Pro, and whenever I launch PT4 I get an error that asks me to perform database housekeeping. Import times are slow while playing and often during a session the HUD will stop updating on one or more tables. I've performed all the steps in the database housekeeping guide and done a full cache rebuild. Is this a common issue? How should I proceed? The software is close to unusable.

Thanks
noahband
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:09 pm

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 29, 2024 6:38 am

So we can investigate that and see more about your current setup please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce the problem with the slow importing and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket where a technician can review your logs and advise you accordingly based on the information there. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4. When that's done try creating and using a new database and that may allow you to continue using PokerTracker 4 at the tables in the meantime.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Glaucou » Fri Dec 13, 2024 11:41 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:So we can investigate that and see more about your current setup please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce the problem with the slow importing and then attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket where a technician can review your logs and advise you accordingly based on the information there. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4. When that's done try creating and using a new database and that may allow you to continue using PokerTracker 4 at the tables in the meantime.


I have the same problem! :cry:
I already do the Rebuild Cache and all Housekeeping.
I change my Mac recently and I needed to create another Database.
Glaucou
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 13, 2024 12:49 pm

If you are using PostgreSQL v12 then please uninstall it, download and install PostgreSQL v16 and then restore your database there - see this guide.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Glaucou » Fri Dec 13, 2024 7:10 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:If you are using PostgreSQL v12 then please uninstall it, download and install PostgreSQL v16 and then restore your database there - see this guide.



I followed the step-by-step guide you posted here, and now my Poker Tracker is processing hands perfectly and very quickly. 8-)
Glaucou
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 15, 2024 6:10 am

I'm pleased to hear it and thanks for confirming this helped.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby MrChairman » Sat Mar 08, 2025 12:22 am

Hi. I have slow database issues as well on my Mac. Read this and wanted to upgrade my postgreSQL 12 to 16 as advised. My uninstall-postrgeSQL app does not open though and I cannot get it to run (double click, open from finder, etc.). Any thoughts on how to get it to work so I can properly remove v12 and install v16?
MrChairman
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:12 pm

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Mar 08, 2025 5:51 am

MrChairman wrote:Hi. I have slow database issues as well on my Mac. Read this and wanted to upgrade my postgreSQL 12 to 16 as advised. My uninstall-postrgeSQL app does not open though and I cannot get it to run (double click, open from finder, etc.). Any thoughts on how to get it to work so I can properly remove v12 and install v16?

You can uninstall PostgreSQL manually following this guide and proceed from step #2 if the uninstaller isn't working for you. You can also install PostgreSQL v16 without first uninstalling PostgreSQL v12 - it should default to port 5433 if PostgreSQL v12 is currently using port 5432.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby ThrustWorld » Fri Apr 18, 2025 1:11 pm

Hi,
I am having the same problem, I am using postgreSQL 16 though.
Could you help me to resolve the issue?
Thanks
ThrustWorld
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 20, 2023 7:16 pm

Re: Database import slow even after housekeeping

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Apr 19, 2025 6:09 am

ThrustWorld wrote:I am having the same problem, I am using postgreSQL 16 though.
Could you help me to resolve the issue?

If you haven't already done so and don't have a large database then click the 'Housekeeping' button and run the following in this order:

1. Reindex
2. Cluster
3. Vacuum/Analyze

After the housekeeping is complete rebuild the database cache via 'Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild'.

If that doesn't resolve the problem please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce your issue and then create a support bundle via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4. When that file has been saved attach your support bundle to a Support Ticket where a technician can review your logs and follow up with you:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Next

Return to PT4 for macOS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests