Custom stat output format ( 00 instead - // 99 instead 100)

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom stat output format ( 00 instead - // 99 instead 100)

Postby parraka » Wed Feb 04, 2026 12:15 pm

Hello,
I have a question regarding custom stats output formatting in PokerTracker 4.
What I would like to achieve is purely display-related, not a change in the underlying calculation:
When a stat has no opportunities and PT4 currently displays a dash (–), I would like it to display 00 instead.
When a stat evaluates to 100% (all opportunities successful), I would like the display to show 99 instead of 100.
The goal is to avoid visually misleading extremes (– and 100) while keeping the real math intact.
I understand PT4 allows defining:
numerator / denominator
custom formulas
But I’m unsure whether there is:
any conditional logic for output rendering
any way to override or format the display value based on conditions (e.g. opportunities = 0, result = 100)
So my questions are:
Is this kind of conditional output formatting possible in PT4?
If not, is there any supported workaround (custom stat design, auxiliary stats, etc.) to approximate this behavior?
If it’s simply not supported by the engine, that’s totally fine — I just want to be sure I’m not missing a legitimate method.
Thanks in advance.
parraka
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Re: Custom stat output format ( 00 instead - // 99 instead 1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 05, 2026 2:07 pm

For no opportunites you can set what you would like to be used for that via 'Configure -> Reporting Options -> No Opportunity Statistic Text'. Displaying '99' instead of '100' will require custom statistics - see this post/thread. For general information on custom statistics this guide covers the basics and this guide goes into more detail. While the latter was written for PokerTracker 3 and the user interface is different the techniques still apply to PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Custom stat output format ( 00 instead - // 99 instead 1

Postby parraka » Thu Feb 05, 2026 3:37 pm

Hi, thanks!

Do you think capping at 99% using Format Number will hit heavily the hud performance?
parraka
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Re: Custom stat output format ( 00 instead - // 99 instead 1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 06, 2026 11:41 am

Formating the output is just a display/presentation layer function that formats the already-calculated result so your HUD should be fine. The actual stat calculation is what matters for performance and whether the underlying columns are cached or not.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17075
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests