Called a pre flop raise stat

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Called a pre flop raise stat

Postby stuart_gall » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:31 am

Hello,
In the filters there is a filter for called pre flop raise.
As I understand it this applies to calling an opening raise, or calling a 3 bet or whatever that ends in a call or Even if I called a bet was raised by another player then I folded.

In the stats there is
cnt_p_pfr_call
sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_fold = false AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise=0, 1, 0])
This seems to me to be the number of times I called a raise but have not raised myself. So If I Raise, get 3bet and then call it would not be counted ?

sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_fold = false ,1,0)]
This would be faced a raise and did not fold, so would include when I 3bet and villain folds.

I need an expression that says I called a raise at some point pre-flop irrespective of any other action that occurred if I also raised, folded or what ever.

Is this possible ?
stuart_gall
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 am

Re: Called a pre flop raise stat

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:36 pm

There is a built-in column which counts hands where you made any preflop call, called "cnt_p_call_hands".
To display that as a percentage of all hands you could create a new stat with a Value Expression of:

(cnt_p_call_hands / cnt_hands) * 100
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Called a pre flop raise stat

Postby stuart_gall » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Hello WhiteRider,
Yes, but I believe that cnt_p_call would include the times that I limp after another limper, and I want to exclude limping.

holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_call and not holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp

But that won't work either because say it goes
Limp, Limp, (me) Limp, Raise
Call, Call, (me) Call.

In this case I have limped but also called a raise
I think
Sum(if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise AND
( (holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_call > 1)
OR
(NOT (holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_call > 0)
),1,0])

Might cover all the bases, and is probably good enough for my purposes.

EDIT: I tested this - it is not quite the same as the filter for call pre flop raise, but it is damn close.
stuart_gall
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 am

Re: Called a pre flop raise stat

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Yes, that sort of expression should work OK.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests