Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby kraada » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:46 am

That's because your filter doesn't filter for times you had a chance to 3bet it filters out times you didn't face a 3bet or 4bet.

Some examples of hands that would be different:

A raises in EP, you 3bet in LP, A 4bets.

That would count for your stat, but not for your filter.

A open shoves all-in preflop in EP, you call on the button, everyone else folds.

That would count for your filter (you faced a raise, it wasn't a 3bet or 4bet), but not for your stat (you didn't have a chance to 3bet).

Hopefully that helps clear things up for you :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby BigBangTheory » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks for your answer ; if I understand well, the issue is that the filter "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp" doesn't answer my need ?

Here is my initial question, and your answer below :

BigBangTheory wrote:Hi,

I have one more request ; how to reproduce the filter "face raise preflop" ?

To be more specific I want to apply a filter on "Face raise" and to substract "Face 3 bet" and "Face 4 bet"...

Visibly I have to use flg_p_face_raise for "Face raise", flg_p_3bet_def_opp for "Face 3 bet" and flg_p_4bet_def_opp for "Face 4 bet" ?

Thanks !


kraada wrote:Whenever you face a 2bet you have a chance to 3bet so you can use holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp


I have one little update on my request, now I want ro reproduce the following filter (addition of "OR facing all-in Preflop") :

Facing Raise Preflop
NOT (Facing 3bet Preflop OR Facing 4bet Preflop OR facing all-in Preflop)


Your advice is welcome, I'm stuck in reproducing this custom filter... thanks.
BigBangTheory
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:10 pm

If you want to filter for hands where you faced exactly a single raise (2Bet) you can filter for "3 Bet Opp", on the Actions tab.
If that isn't what you mean, please explain exactly what it is that you're trying to do.

Facing All-In filters are on the "Facing" tab.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby BigBangTheory » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm

WhiteRider wrote:If you want to filter for hands where you faced exactly a single raise (2Bet) you can filter for "3 Bet Opp", on the Actions tab.


Ok, you are right, I'm going to use the filter "3 Bet Opp".

I have another need which is to filter on hands where I made a raise (2bet) ; in my first approach I created this filter on PT3 :

Any preflop raise
NOT(Preflop 3bet or Preflop 4bet or Preflop raise All-in)


But, after the reading of your last answers on this topic I tried another approach with this filter : "Raise first In"

My results are different, but I can't figure out why ?

Thanks !
BigBangTheory
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 am

"Raise First In" only counts hands where no-one had previously entered the pot (by limping). Your other filter would include hands where someone had previously limped.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby BigBangTheory » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Thank you for your answer.

Ok, this time my need is not covered with "raise first in".

So can you help me creating this filter in a custom stat ?

Any preflop raise
NOT(Preflop 3bet or Preflop 4bet or Preflop raise All-in)

Thanks
BigBangTheory
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Do you just want the sum of the times you raised first in or raised limpers? If so you could build that stat out of existing columns by using the columns for Raise First In and RWPC.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby BigBangTheory » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 pm

kraada wrote:Do you just want the sum of the times you raised first in or raised limpers?


Yes, that's my need.

kraada wrote:If so you could build that stat out of existing columns by using the columns for Raise First In and RWPC.


I can't find the RWPC stat in the interface ? I can see only LWPC...?

And how can I reproduce the RWPC filter in my custom stat ?

Thanks
BigBangTheory
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 pm

You'll want your value expression for your stat to be:

((cnt_p_raise_limpers + cnt_p_raise_first_in) / (cnt_p_facing limpers + cnt_p_open_opp)) * 100
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Open Opportunity and Behind Limpers filters

Postby BigBangTheory » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

temp
BigBangTheory
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests